News and Dates:
- May 1-12: AP Tests
- May 5: One-Act Play Festival
- May 8: Timmy’s Summer Semester starts
- May 12: Junior-Senior Banquet
- May 13: Home Soccer & Track Meet
- Timmy was approved by his graduate program with Regent University to complete his counseling practicum and internship in the next year, and has supervisors set for both.
- Kristi will be supervising a ceramics class for the rest of the year, covering for a colleague on maternity leave.
- Curriculum for May: The Crucible, College Essays, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, persuasive speeches
We’re Thankful For:
- A Restful Spring Break, long days full of walking, cooking, playing and watching Luci learn to talk. Truly a gift!
- Senior Transition Day, which was a great opportunity for Timmy to share some thoughts with our seniors regarding entering the next chapters of their lives with hearts open to God’s work.
- Excellent Supervisors for Timmy as he begins his counseling practicum next week, and prepares for his long-term internship with BFA’s Counseling Center, which will start in the fall.
- Excited Students, who have returned from Spring Break well-rested and ready to tackle the bear of AP tests and May wrapping-up.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- May Madness! The last few weeks of school here at BFA tend to be busy ones, full both of normal end-of-the-year activities and the added emotional pressure of goodbyes. Pray for students and staff, both the ones leaving this summer and the ones staying behind, and that the transition would be a smooth one for all.
- BFA Building Project. Our year-long construction project, which will add a new floor and other updates to the Main Building, is drawing to a close. Pray that the process remains on-track as we prepare to move our Middle School from a neighboring village to our main Kandern campus in June.
- Financial Support. We continue to pray for about $1200 more in monthly support to cover increased cost of living and hospitality aspects of our member care ministry here. If you’re interested in helping to support this aspect of our ministry, please visit our Getting Involved page or our online giving page with TeachBeyond.
We are ever more aware that our ministry here would be impossible without the encouragement and support we receive from afar. Please let us know if there are ways that we can be praying for you, or if you have any questions our life or ministry in Kandern.
Peace in Christ,
Timmy & Kristi Dahlstrom