News and Dates:
- August 9: Hosting Seattle Christian School Student Council for a backyard barbecue
- August 1-19: Timmy completing Air Force Reserve days at Joint Base Lewis-McCord
- August 20: Timmy starts work at Seattle Christian School!
- For those who didn’t read the last post, we have a house! We’re renting in the West Seattle neighborhood of Seattle, and enjoying settling into this new place for the year.
- After lots of equivocating from our German OB, we learned this month that we are expecting another girl in October! Hooray for sisters!
We’re Thankful For:
- Our house in West Seattle, which we’ll be renting at least through May 2019. We’re loving this space, and still encouraged by God’s provision of this home for us for this first year back in America.
- Kristi’s parents, for hosting us at their chalet in the mountains for a month. These days were busy, often hectic and in the end felt like they flew by, but we were so thankful to spend them together, and for the myriad ways that they went above and beyond to help us in our transition.
- So much furniture given to us by all kinds of friends and family! From couches and a dining room set down to a toy kitchen for Luci, we’ve really been given so much in the last month to furnish this new place. Thanking God for the provision of such a great and thoughtful community surrounding us.
- A new niece born in mid-July! It was such a joy to be present for this major family milestone and meet this little one in person on her first day in the world.
- Trader Joe’s and Costco, our two favorite stores in America. Shopping here is a bit of a culture shock, so we’re thankful for these places for softening the blow. (Also thankful for IKEA, for feeling just the same here as everywhere.)
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Busy Month. Between work with the Air Force and starting at Seattle Christian School, Timmy is working almost every day in August. Pray for strength and energy for him, and for Luci and Kristi as they adjust to new rhythms in a new place.
- Transition. Continue to pray for us as we adjust to a whole new life. Pray for friends, community, health, and even for practical details like finding our way through crazy Seattle traffic on a regular basis!
Thank you for the continued encouragement and support as we navigate this wild new season! Just a reminder for those who support us monthly, our last month for support is September, after which TeachBeyond will cease automatic withdrawals.
Peace in Christ,
Timmy & Kristi Dahlstrom