News and Dates:
- June 7-8: Kristi’s last day of classes
- June 11-14: Final Exams
- June 13: Timmy taking the National Clinical Mental Health Counselors Exam (NCMHCE), an important step to licensing as a clinical mental health counselor, as well as securing board certification in this profession.
- June 16: Graduation Day
- June 26: Flying home to Seattle!
- Curriculum for June: Postmodern literature, journalistic enterprise projects, exams
We’re Thankful For:
- Financial Provision that allows us to leave Kandern in a financially stable way, providing a good foundation for starting a new life in the Pacific Northwest.
- 43 Students that have made Kristi’s last year of teaching (at least for a while) consistently delightful, filling her days with laughter and good questions.
- Friends and Colleagues here in Kandern, who have made this season rich and beautiful. We are thankful for these dear people, with whom we’ll miss sharing life in our little school and village.
- Time this spring for packing, cleaning, selling things and generally wrapping up before we leave. In this otherwise busy season, we don’t take for granted the “little” gifts, like four German holidays in the month of May!
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Endings. Pray for the many “lasts” coming up in the coming weeks, that we would be emotionally present and intentional as we say goodbye to our students, friends, colleagues and this place that’s been our home for so long.
- Travel. Pray for safety, health and smooth logistics as we pack up and move around the world at the end of the month. We’re excited, but also anticipate a long, full journey.
- Housing in Seattle. We are hoping to rent an apartment on the east side of Seattle (Bellevue/Kirkland/Issaquah) starting in August. Pray for wisdom as we check out the options, and for an affordable, healthy living space for our family. And if you have (or know of) a condo or mother-in-law unit that needs a tenant, let us know!
A we near the end of this season of overseas ministry, we are overwhelmed by the faithful encouragement, prayer and financial support that has kept us here all these years. Please let us know if there are ways that we can be praying for you, or if you have any questions our life or ministry in Kandern.
Peace in Christ,
Timmy & Kristi Dahlstrom