News and Dates:
- December 1-2: First home basketball games against Stuttgart High School
- December 8-9: Basketball travels to Wiesbaden
- December 15: Last day of classes!
- Curriculum for December: Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, satire
- Kristi will be playing violin in the pit orchestra for BFA’s late-February production of Fiddler on the Roof!
We’re Thankful For:
- Timmy’s Small Group of freshman guys, who bring both laughter and depth to their times together on Tuesday nights.
- The Ninth Grade Advisory Regatta (pictured above), in which BFA ninth graders built and raced boats down the river behind the school. Good times were had by all!
- Satire, which always brings eleventh graders to conversations of depth, humor and inquiry about the world in which they live.
- A Visit with Papa, as Kristi’s dad came to spend Thanksgiving with us last week before heading on to teaching commitments here in Europe.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Rest and Recovery. Pray that Christmas break is a restorative time for our family, and for the staff and students of BFA as a whole. It’s been a particularly stressful autumn at the school, and we could all use prayer for health and calm during the quieter weeks ahead.
- Financial Need. Due to a decrease in giving over the last few months, we’re about $250 below our monthly support needs. Though we’d previously asked for an increase in support to cover hospitality expenses, this is a more urgent need as it concerns our basic living expenses. Please pray about joining our financial support team, which allows us to serve here in Germany. $50 or even $25 a month would go a long way towards supporting us in ministry at Black Forest Academy. If you’re interested in helping to support this aspect of our ministry, please visit our Getting Involved page or our online giving page with TeachBeyond.
We are so incredibly grateful for the encouragement and support that our friends, family and churches are to us in this ministry. Please let us know if there are ways that we can be praying for you, or if you have any questions our life or ministry in Kandern.
Peace in Christ,
Timmy & Kristi Dahlstrom