News and Dates:
- November 13-15: Basketball tryouts
- November 23-26: Richard Dahlstrom (Kristi’s dad) visiting!
- November 26: “Cozy Cabin” Christmas Banquet
- Curriculum for November: Transcendentalism, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- With basketball season just around the corner, Timmy is excited to return to his role as assistant coach for Boys Varsity Basketball.
We’re Thankful For:
- Mentorship Opportunities with students and staff here in Kandern, a sweet and humbling reminder of the reasons for which God has called us to this place.
- Great Healthcare, both insurance and doctors, who recently provided some advice and reassurance for these first-time parents of a toddler with a nasty cough.
- Speculoos Cookies and Braeburn Apples, heralds of late fall and some of our favorite seasonal treats here in Germany.
- Spangdahlem Air Base Chapel, through whom Timmy serves part time as a Reserve Chaplain. Thankful for the friendships and unique ministry opportunity this place provides!
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Health. As we enter a colder, wetter season, pray for health for our family, as well as the community as a whole.
- Financial Need. Due to a decrease in giving over the last few months, we’re currently about $300 below our monthly support needs. Though we’d previously asked for an increase in support to cover hospitality expenses, this is a more urgent need as it concerns our basic living expenses. Please pray about joining our financial support team, which allows us to serve here in Germany. $50 or even $25 a month would go a long way towards supporting us in ministry at Black Forest Academy. If you’re interested in helping to support this aspect of our ministry, please visit our Getting Involved page or our online giving page with TeachBeyond.
In this season of thankfulness, we reflect often on the encouragement and support that our friends, family and churches are to us in this ministry. Please let us know if there are ways that we can be praying for you, or if you have any questions our life or ministry in Kandern.
Peace in Christ,
Timmy & Kristi Dahlstrom