News and Dates:
- February 6-7: Final BFA home basketball games
- February 9: Small group Valentine’s Day Party
- February 12-16: Holly Dahlstrom visiting Kandern!
- February 13: Timmy and I speaking in High School Chapel
- February 27-March 1: High School Retreat in Switzerland
- Timmy recently went up to Spangdahlem Air Base for his interview towards becoming a full Air Force Reserve Chaplain. He passed with flying colors, and is now awaiting final appointment to begin serving a few days a month as a reservist on base.
- We will both be sharing in High School Chapel on February 13, speaking about love, our journey of relationship and how God continues to shape us in marriage.
- Curriculum for February: The Great Gatsby, modern American poetry
I’m Thankful For:
- A new semester, giving staff and students a “fresh start” in grades, attitudes, classroom procedures and goals.
- The Great Gatsby, for delivering in lyric prose and deeply flawed characters the usual array of interesting conversations about wealth, aspiration and the nature of love.
- Pinterest, providing a cornucopia of delicious recipes that have made my recent transition into gluten- and dairy-free life more adventurous and manageable.
- Ceramics 3, a class I’m able to take this semester, providing time for both rewarding self-care and informal connection with students as we create masterpieces in clay.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- High School Retreat. Be praying for our student body as they go to Switzerland at the end of this month, that they would be receptive to the messages they hear and eager to engage with their small groups in prayer and discussion. Pray also for safety and health as we travel together to the mountains.
- Future Plans. Continue to pray for Timmy and I as we develop plans for our year in the States, and pray about future roles here in Kandern.
Thank you for all the many ways in which you encourage us in our ministry here, making our life in Germany possible with your prayer and financial support. If you have a prayer request or questions about life or ministry in Germany, or if you’d like to become a financial partner in our ministry, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peace in Christ,
Kristi & Timmy