News and Dates:
- January 7: Classes resume
- January 20-23: Semester final exams
- January 26: Start of Semester 2
- Curriculum for January: Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Great Gatsby, the poetry of Walt Whitman and Emily Dickinson
I’m Thankful For:
- Restful holidays here in Kandern. While we missed family back in the States, Timmy and I had a great December here, enjoying our first married Christmas.
- Snow at the end of December, a weather-related anniversary gift that turned Kandern into a magical land.
- Greetings from home for the holidays, filling our wall with photos of friends and family, and updates from the year. Thank you for your encouragement!
- Students safely returned to BFA from all over the world, bringing their energy, humor and vitality back to our sleepy little town.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- New Staff. We have a handful of families who have transitioned into our community within the last few weeks. Pray that they will get settled smoothly, and for our community as we come around them with support and logistical help.
- Health. December was a difficult month for me (Kristi) in regards to health. Pray that I will continue to heal, for patience, and for both the wisdom and the margins to make wise health decisions for the rest of the winter.
- Future Plans. As plans for our year in the States come together, pray that we would have wisdom in how to spend our time, and for continued guidance regarding how God can use us, both here and at home.
Thank you for all the many ways in which you encourage us in our ministry here, making our life in Germany possible with your prayer and financial support. If you have a prayer request or questions about life or ministry in Germany, or if you’d like to become a financial partner in our ministry, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peace in Christ,
Kristi & Timmy