News and Dates:
- November 6-8: BFA middle and high school performs High School Musical
- November 9: Maugenhard Thanksgiving
- November 10: Winter sports begin (Basketball and Wrestling)
- November 22: Christmas Banquet
- Curriculum for November: Transcendentalism, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
I’m Thankful For:
- Erika and Aron Ruderman, whose wedding I had the honor of attending in October. Thankful for the blessing of your friendship and a sweet time with family in Washington.
- A spectacular autumn in the Black Forest, complete with warm, golden days and runs through the forest.
- New roles at BFA, which have allowed us to interact with staff and students in different settings. This month has brought me to the BFA middle school twice for observations, where it was a delight to see new teachers loving, serving and instructing.
- G5 Evangelische Gemeinde, the German church where Timmy and I have been attending since the beginning of the school year. Thankful for this warm community of believers, connecting us to the body of Christ in this nation we call home.
- The Class of 2016, my new juniors, full of life, energy and good questions.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Christmas Banquet. As Student Council advisors, Timmy and I are responsible for putting on this year’s Christmas Banquet. This involves coordinating adult and student volunteers, serving dinner for 300+ people, and turning our school into a winter wonderland for the evening. Pray for the details that go into this event, and that it would be fun evening that celebrates the community here.
- Health. Both Timmy and I have been struggling with sickness these last few weeks. Pray that we’d be able to rest effectively in our “down time,” so that we can recover our strength. Pray also for the community, as these darker, busier days are when cold and flu tend to strike the community.
Thank you all for your encouragement and support, which makes our ministry here possible! If you have a prayer request or questions about life or ministry in Germany, or if you’d like to become a financial partner in our ministry, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peace in Christ,
Kristi & Timmy