News and Dates:
- January 8: Classes resume
- January 20: End of Semester 1
- January 21-24: Semester Exams
- January 25: Kandern Wedding Reception!
- January 27-31: Subbing at Maugenhard Dorm
- Curriculum for January: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, exam review, Great Short Story Contest
I’m Thankful For:
- Mysteries and Archetypes, which again provided a great deal of amusement and creativity for the eleventh graders as they prepared for Christmas break. Once again, I’m delighted by the imaginations of these young people with whom I’m privileged to spend most of my days.
- Community, both in Seattle and Kandern, that has gathered around Timmy and me as we prepared for our wedding, pitching in with rides to and from the airport, cooking for rehearsal dinner and reception, sewing wedding dresses and vests, providing housing and transportation for guests, and so much more. This wedding was truly a community affair, and I couldn’t feel more blessed and loved by these dear friends, near and far.
- Christmas in Seattle with the Dahlstroms, my grandmother, and Lexi McNair. It was a holiday that combined old traditions with new loves, and in every way was the restful holiday that all of us needed.
- BFA Friends who came to our wedding, from as far away as Germany, to support us on our big day. It meant such a great deal to be surrounded by friends as we begin our journey together.
- My new husband, Timmy. Every day is a gift, and I am so thankful for him!
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Travel. As I write this, we wait in SeaTac to board our flight home to Germany. Pray for health and safety as we travel, and for all those staff and students who will return to Kandern in the coming week.
- Transition. Pray for Timmy and me as we move to our new home in Kandern, that we would delight in setting up house together, and that God would be glorified in our home and marriage.
It was a pleasure to see many of you over the Christmas holidays, and to hear your recent stories! If you have a prayer request or questions about life or ministry in Germany, or if you’d like to become a financial partner in this ministry, email me at email@example.com.
Peace in Christ,
Kristi & Timmy