News and Dates:
- November 5: Freshman-Senior Operation Christmas Child Box Assembly
- November 8: Fireside Poetry Reading in American Literature
- November 10: Dorm Thanksgiving (at Maugenhard)
- November 11: First day of winter sports (basketball and wrestling)
- November 15-17: Small group retreat
- Thank you to all who were praying for direction for the future for Timmy and me. We’ve decided to renew our commitment to be at BFA through the 2014-2015 school year, and are thrilled to be continuing in relationship with the students and families here at Black Forest Academy.
- Curriculum for November: Romantic poetry, Transcendentalism, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Pudd’nhead Wilson
I’m Thankful For:
- Rome Trip, which provided endless opportunities for new learning and class community. Nothing bonds a class like sleeping on buses, walking through millennia-old churches, or building sand castles together by the sea. Honored to go along with them!
- The Scarlet Letter, which garnered more excitement from this class of juniors than it ever has. We’ve discussed the nature of evil, the critical importance of confession, and the mystery of our shared sinful nature while digging through this melancholy tale of sin and redemption.
- Nathan and Lori Duhan, the new dorm parents at Maugenhard, whose hospitable and loving friendship has been both a blessing and an example to us as we help out at the dorm on Monday nights.
- Seasons, which after over three years in Germany are beginning to seem familiar and comforting. It’s a delight to walk through these seasons with people I love, experiencing God’s faithfulness over such a long time.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Health and Rest. With the end of the first quarter, students and staff are weary and struggling with illness. Pray that this long weekend would allow for rest and recovery for this community.
- Continued Guidance. As Timmy and I make plans to return here for the next school year, pray for wisdom as to how to spend the summer, and trust in God for clarity regarding our work here next year.
I’m so thankful for your friendship, encouragement and support, all of which make this ministry possible. If you have a prayer request or questions about my life or ministry in Germany, or if you’d like to become a financial partner in this ministry, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peace in Christ,