News and Dates:
- August 9: Return to Kandern
- August 12-16: Work week at BFA
- August 21: First faculty day at BFA
- August 26-30: All-Staff Conference
I’m Thankful For:
- The Dahlstrom Family, all six of us, who have made time this summer for relationship and adventure, a beautiful six weeks full of reconnection.
- Michaelsens, Bradleys, Walkers and Gallaghers, the excellent aunts, uncles, grandmother and cousins that I’ve had the chance to catch up with this summer. Spread all over the West Coast, our reunions are rare, but always sweet.
- Friends in and around Seattle, who have gone out of their way to spend time together in the last few weeks, and hosted the greatest wedding shower ever for me. It’s been a delight seeing you all!
- Mount Hermon Christian Conference Center, who hosted us for a “Dahlstrom Family Classic Vacation” while my dad spoke at their family camp.
- Email, messenger and Skype, which have enabled the tricky process of long-distance wedding planning better than I could ever have imagined.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Preparation. August is the month when I begin to plan in earnest (as opposed to inspired daydreaming about class discussion topics) for the coming school year. Pray that I make discerning decisions regarding the material covered this year, and for wisdom as I “prepare a space” for the Class of 2015.
- Class of 2014. Pray for our seniors, the class I’ve been sponsoring since they were freshmen, as they return to school from summers at home or abroad. Pray that they would take seriously their role as leaders of the school, and be excited to continue learning for this final year in high school.
- New and Returning Staff. Pray for staff still in the States raising support, either to return or come for the first time, and for those who have already arrived in Germany. Pray that their transitions would be smooth, and those of us who’ve been around longer would show hospitality to these new staff.
I’m so thankful for all of your friendship, and have been encouraged by so many of you this summer. If you have a prayer request or questions about my life or ministry in Germany, or if you’d like to become a financial supporter, email me at email@example.com.
Peace in Christ,