News and Dates:
- May 4: Home track meet in Lörrach
- May 17: Junior-Senior Banquet
- May 18: Track meet in Heidelberg
- May 24-25: Track European Championships
- I recently purchased plane tickets home for the summer! I’ll be in Seattle beginning June 22, through August 9. Email me if there are specific times you’ll be around; I’d love to catch up!
- Timmy leaves for commissioned officer training at the end of this month, and will be spending the summer training to be a reserve chaplain with the US Air Force.
- Curriculum for May: Postmodern Literature, A Raisin in the Sun, College Admission Essays
I’m Thankful For:
- The greens of spring, which after a long, grey winter have finally draped itself brilliantly in our deciduous Black Forest.
- 2013 Track and Field Team, which is a small but committed group of athletes, delightful to coach on all manner of wet spring afternoons.
- May holidays, unpredictable in their relationship to the church calendar, which allow for time to catch up on grading and correspondence.
- The junior class officers, who are working hard to head half a dozen committees for the upcoming Junior Senior Banquet.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Junior Senior Banquet. The most glamorous formal event of the spring, this evening is our equivalent to a prom, and this year it’s our junior class’s turn to plan it. Pray that all details go smoothly, and that the evening is honoring to all the students involved.
- Summer Plans. This summer in Seattle is looking quieter than last, but pray for wisdom as I look ahead to what support-raising, wedding planning and education I should pursue in my time at home. Pray also for good communication between Timmy and me as we spend the summer in different parts of the country.
- Small Group. As we wrap up the third year with our small group, I’m so thankful for the growth that God has allowed us to see this year, both in relationship with our five girls and their relationships with Christ. Pray that we’d finish the year well, and for continued wisdom for Emily and me in our interactions with these great young women.
I’m so thankful for the encouragement and support so many of you are to me. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with news, prayer requests, or if you’d like to partner financially with this ministry.
Peace in Christ,