News and Dates:
- February 2: Home wrestling match
- February 9-11: Bible study retreat
- February 15: American Literature research projects due!
- February 15-16: Final home basketball game
- As I have for the past two years, I’ll be returning to my role as assistant track coach in March, this year focusing on distance running and returning to long and triple jump.
- February Curriculum: The Great Gatsby, Author Research, Modern Poetry
I’m Thankful For:
- A successful Junior Class fundraiser, made possible by the tireless efforts of parents, students and fellow staff, along with the generosity of our community to contribute baked goods and time, along with financial contribution.
- A new semester, which began a little more than a week ago, giving students and teachers a chance to return to their subjects with renewed energy and effort.
- The Great Gatsby, which every year holds student attention in a way that surprises me and them, bringing up important questions regarding ambition, love and identity.
- An incredibly literate class of juniors, who have recently impressed me with their desire to write and read recreationally, a passion that serves them well in our study of literature.
- A supportive community, a place that inspires me to grow personally and seek ways to reach out to others.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Next Steps. I have several friends who are leaving BFA at the end of this year, responding to changing circumstances in vocation, finances and relationship. Be praying for clarity and direction for these individuals, as they seek God’s will for the next steps in their journeys.
- Summer Plans. Though summer is still many months away, it’s the season to buy plane tickets. Pray for affordable options, as well as guidance for how and where to spend this time.
- Relationship. Timmy and I have the wonderful blessing of working on the same campus this year, but even so the busyness of schedules can make time together limited. Pray for continued wisdom and grace as we learn what it means to pursue Christ and one another in this relationship.
I’m so thankful for the encouragement and support so many of you are to me. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with news and prayer requests of your own, or if you’d like to partner financially with this ministry.
Peace in Christ,