News and Dates:
- October 4-8: Junior Class Trip to Normandy and Paris
- October 13: My 28th birthday!
- October 19: High School Fall Party
- October 31: Herbstmesse Carnival in Basel
- Curriculum for October: Scarlet Letter, American Romanticism
- On Thursday, 12 staff and 75 eleventh graders head west for the annual Junior Class Trip to the Normandy coast. For the first time, I get to go along as a class sponsor! We’ll spend the weekend learning about the history of the Normandy Invasion, and even visit Paris on the way home!
I’m Thankful For:
- Encouragement and support from friends and family back home. Serving here would be truly impossible without you!
- Hot cider, fresh baguettes, soup and all the other delicious tastes of autumn. This is a tasty season.
- Period Seven American Literature, a full, dramatic class that made reading The Crucible a breathtaking experience last month.
- Free evenings to spend investing in community here, through time in the dorms and with friends. Thankful for a slightly more flexible after-school schedule this fall, even as I juggle some new responsibilities.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Student Load. As I teach 20 more students than I did last year, pray for energy, creativity and flexibility to invest fully in all 83 of my students.
- Normandy Trip. The details of taking 75 students on a weekend road trip to France are a bit staggering. Pray for safety, health and that this time would be one that bonds the Class of 2014 together in meaningful ways.
- Health. The beginning of the school year hit many of us with several varieties of cold and flu. Pray for rest and recovery for all.
- Spiritual Growth. Be in prayer for our students as they learn to relate to Christ in a personal way, growing in faith as they grow socially and academically in this setting. Pray for us as staff, also, that we would support them in deepening their walks with Christ.
I’m so thankful for the encouragement and support so many of you are to me. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with news, prayer requests, or if you’d like to partner financially with this ministry.
Peace in Christ,