News and Dates:
- May 4: Junior-Senior Banquet
- May 5: Home soccer game
- May 7: Romania Trip Community Celebration
- May 12: Track @ Stuttgart
- May 17: Apartment Painting Day!
- May 27: Spring Concert
- May 29-30: High School Exams
- June 2: Graduation
- Curriculum for May: College Essay Writing
- Starting this August, I’ll be serving as English Department Chair for the 2012-2013 school year, filling in for Jill Young, our current chair, while she spends the year on Home Assignment.
I’m Thankful For:
- Habitat for Humanity, Caminul Felix, and August Macke Schule, three organizations who worked together with BFA on the Romania trip, which was a time of growth, learning and community for all involved. Thank you, also, for being a huge part of getting me and our kids there for the week!
- A Spring Break of rest, relaxation and relationship, good for the soul preparation for the “sprint” to the end of school.
- A place to live next fall, a blessing I appreciate so much more as I reflect on the stress of apartment searches in the past. Thanking God for providing in such a simple and practical way!
- Community here in Kandern, both in and out of school, which always seems especially sweet this time of year.
- The Class of 2012, who as juniors last year were my first class at BFA. I’ll dearly miss their humor, energy and insights, but look forward to the great work that God has for them in the wider world.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- May at BFA. This month is always filled with activity, stress and emotion, as we wrap up classes and relationships, seeking both excellence and closure. Pray for our seniors, especially, that they would find the space to process and celebrate as they prepare to leave this place that’s been their home.
- Summer in Seattle. After being away for eighteen months, I am thrilled to be returning home to Seattle for the summer. Pray for good times of connection with family and friends. I’ll also be seeking to raise a small amount of monthly financial support, so pray for provision in that area, as well.
I’m so thankful for the encouragement and support so many of you are to me, and look forward to seeing many of you in person next month! If there is a specific time that you will be in town this summer and want to catch up, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get something planned!
Peace in Christ,