News and Dates:
- February 3: Sophomore class party
- February 4: BFA Home wrestling match
- February 11: Grocery bagging fundraiser for Romania Habitat for Humanity project
- February 13: Joint dinner with BFA and August Macke Schule Romania project participants
- Curriculum for February: Regular: The Great Gatsby, Honors: Modern poetry, Of Mice and Men, author research project
- Through the support of individuals and the Kandern community, the Romania Habitat for Humanity project participants have raised approximately one third of the total costs towards the project. Thank you so much for your generosity, which has so far covered 75% of my contribution to the trip! For information on the trip and how you can get involved, click here.
- I am excited to welcome my parents back to Germany for a short visit at the end of the month, while my dad teaches at Bodenseehof Bible School in Friedrichshafen.
I’m Thankful For:
- Snow in Kandern since Monday, turning our village into a magical snowglobe.
- Community that surrounds us at Black Forest Academy, both within the school and in our small town. After spending a weekend among many teachers at urban international schools in Germany, I returned feeling thankful for the love of Christ that unites us.
- Internet Resources that have made English research materials so readily available to my hardworking eleventh graders this month as they’ve worked on their author projects.
- The Great Gatsby, for allowing the Honors classes this month to discuss the American Dream, moral relativism and the enduring magnificence of truly good writing.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Romania Project. Continue to pray for the teams, especially that the two schools would grow in relationship as we spend time fundraising together. Pray that BFA would continue to reflect the love of Christ with our neighboring school and in the community as we seek to get more of Kandern involved in the project.
- Health. February, with plenty of activity and busyness, often brings with it a round of cold and flu viruses. Pray for health and rest for our staff and students.
- Small Group. Continue to pray for the tenth grade girls’ small group that I lead with my roommate, Emily. God has been opening doors for conversation with these girls over the last few weeks, so pray that we would be listening for the wisdom of the Holy Spirit in all of our interactions with them.
Thank you , as always, for your prayers and encouragement! If you have questions, news of your own, or a desire to support financially, please contact me at email@example.com.
Peace in Christ,