News and Dates:
- December 9: Holly Dahlstrom arrives in Kandern for Christmas break!
- December 11: Christmas Concert and Art Show
- December 12: Last day of regular classes
- December 13-15: Final exams
- December 18: Singenverein Weinachtsconzert (Kandern Choirs Christmas Concert)
- As of two weeks ago, I am officially going to Romania over Easter Week, as a leader on a Habitat for Humanity home-building project. The trip, which I’ll explain in greater detail soon, is a combined effort between BFA and our neighboring public high school, presenting great opportunities to reach out both to our local and global communities.
- I’ll be staying in Kandern for Christmas this year, and am excited to welcome my sister, Holly Dahlstrom, this Friday. She’ll stay with me for the rest of December, and we’ll visit some friends in Southern Germany during the school holidays.
I’m Thankful For:
- Thanksgiving celebrations, celebrated in various forms with many groups of people over the last few weeks. Thanksgiving Day was a day of class and work, but the last few weeks have overflowed with gatherings of this community we enjoy together.
- Creativity of my students, which is making the grading of 500+ pages of short stories a remarkably pleasant and interesting task. I continue to be amazed by the joy students take in telling stories, and delighted that this is something we can share.
- Ceramics Class, which I’ve been fortunate enough to take as a student this fall term. It’s presented so many great opportunities to connect with students, as we coil, mold and pinch our way into mugs, bowls and vases. Thank you to Ms. Beeh for taking on an “adult learner”!
- Our small group of tenth grade girls, in which God is working great transformation, as He continues to provide energy and inspiration to me and Emily on a weekly basis. Thankful to see spiritual growth in our girls, and excited for the questions they are asking as they mature in faith.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Travel. As students and staff return home for the holidays–and others make their way here to Kandern–pray for safety and health, that everyone would get to their destinations on time and in good spirits.
- Romania Trip. We are beginning fundraising for our mission trip, which will require all students and leaders to raise about €900 to cover the costs of transportation, lodging and materials for Habitat for Humanity. Pray that our students, our neighbors and the Kandern community will be excited to get involved in this community outreach to those in need. Pray also that our students and those of the German high school would grow in relationship as we embark on this project together.
Thank you , as always, for the great encouragement that so many of you are to me here, even from a great distance. If you have questions, news, or a desire to support financially, please contact me at email@example.com.
Peace in Christ,