News and Dates:
- October 12: PSAT for Juniors
- October 14: High School Fall Party (Cartoon Carnival!)
- October 19: End of Quarter 1
- October 31: Herbstmesse in Basel
- In order to post staffing needs and start the recruitment process, we are asked to give commitments for the following year in October. After prayer and conversation with family and friends, I have decided to renew my commitment to BFA through at least the 2012-2013 school year. Thanking God for continued peace and provision to make serving here possible!
- Curriculum for October: American Romanticism and Transcendentalism
I’m Thankful For:
- Friends and Family in California, who I was able to visit last weekend. I had a wonderful time catching up with my aunt and uncle in the San Francisco area, driving all over Northern California with my brother, Noah, and being a bridesmaid in the wedding of my dear college roommate, Ashley Duncan Cole.
- Sono Libero Staff 2011-2012, a group of eleven excellent students whose quirky tastes and commitment to art, literature and design promise a brilliant year of creative magazine production.
- Residential Staff of Maugenhard and Storchenblick Dorms, for welcoming me so warmly into the fabric of their lives on Thursday nights. I’ve baked muffins, read stories, helped with homework, and generally loved my time as a dorm helper on this most relaxing of weeknights.
- Period Six Honors American Literature Class, for teaching me to be patient, asking plentiful and (often) thoughtful questions and generally filling the last hour of the day with laughter. (I love all of my classes, but this is the one on my mind today.)
Please Be In Prayer For:
- BFA Staff. Many family emergencies and personal illnesses have lately confronted various members of our staff, forcing several to make unplanned trips to the States. Pray for the staff members and their families who remain, that God would bring healing and wholeness.
- Differentiated Language Instruction. Even more than last year, many of my current students are entering English-speaking school for the first time in their Junior year. Pray for me as I continue to grow as a teacher and seek new and creative ways to present course material to them, supporting their growth in English and as students.
- Continued Support. I have been blessed by stable financial support throughout my time at BFA, and continue to be deeply grateful to all of you who have invested in my service as a teacher here. I have great peace about remaining at BFA for the time being, but also acknowledge that this depends on financial involvement of supporters. Pray for continued support in the coming months and years.
Thank you , as always, for the great encouragement that so many of you are to me here, even from a great distance. If you have questions, news, or a desire to support financially, please contact me at email@example.com.
Peace in Christ,