News and Dates:
- June 3: Beginning of Upward Bound
- August 6: End of Upward Bound
- Most of the dates for Upward Bound program items (trips, activities, etc.) are hidden from participants, that they might live fully in the moment for the summer. I’ll write about them as they happen, but probably not publish the itinerary here before.
I’m Thankful For:
- A visit from my parents, Richard and Donna Dahlstrom, which was a gift from Bethany Community Church. It was wonderful to have the time to show them around Kandern and then bring them to experience a bit of the Alps in the summer.
- Tauernhof Summer Staff, a warm, international group who remind me daily that God provides friends and community wherever I go.
- Upward Bound Students, most of whom arrived on Sunday night; 7 nationalities, 33 different stories and backgrounds to bring with us through this adventurous summer.
- Schladming, this peaceful, familiar place that feels like a second home to me. I’m thankful to be back in this place, doing something I love for a second summer.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Safety and Health: Upward Bound, with its focus on experiential and outdoor education, has plenty of potential for small troubles like blisters and colds, and larger dangers of accident or injury. Pray that all staff and participants can experience the summer fully and intact.
- Group Dynamics and Leadership: I’ll be leading another group this summer of seven students, the small unit in which we’ll do most of our hiking and discipleship. Pray for meaningful conversations and openness to hearing God’s voice as I grow in leadership and our group grows in community.
- Staff Transitions: Pray for the departing and incoming staff of BFA as they pack and unpack to move around the world this summer.
Thank you, always, for the part that you play in my life. If you have questions, news, or a desire to support financially, please contact me at email@example.com.
Peace in Christ,