News and Dates:
- May 1: Maifiertag (May Day) in Germany, with poles and the putting out of flower boxes. Spring at last!
- May 2: Canadian Spirit Day!
- May 7: Track meet in Frankfurt
- May 9: Junior-Senior Banquet
- May 11-15: AP English and History field trip to London
- May 20-21: DODDS European Track Finals
- May 30-June 1: Final Exams
- Curriculum for May: A Raisin in the Sun, contemporary literature; Canadian foreign affairs, popular culture and identity
- With our AP classes, I have the opportunity to chaperone a field trip to London in a few weeks. I am excited for this time to get to know new students and interact with our course material as we see a play at The Globe, tour the Tower of London, and venture to Canterbury. English teacher heaven!
- Though I’ve shared this with many of you already, in just under two months I’ll be back at Tauernhof Bible School, preparing to serve for a second summer as an Upward Bound instructor.
- I am delighted to announce that my friend and former roommate, Emily Kelly, has taken a position as a school nurse here at BFA for next year! Read about her adventures on her brand-new blog.
I’m Thankful For:
- Spring Break, which was full to the brim with travel and friends, old and new. Our long holiday was a time of true restoration, leaving me eager to return to classes and the hectic busyness of our last month of school.
- BFA Mission Trip Participants, whose testimonies inspired me with their depth and honesty as they reflected on trips to China, Uganda, Burkina Faso, Slovenia and Moldova. I’m thankful for the reminder of wideness of the world and the diversity of the body of Christ.
- My sister, Holly, willing to serve where she is needed and listen to the calling of Christ in her life. Whether as a worship leader or an intern in Rwanda, she continues follow God’s leading in a way that inspires and delights.
- BFA Juniors and Sophomores, the former for a brilliant first year here, and the latter for making me eager to continue into a second one.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- The Busy Month of May: Pray for health, energy and patience for all of us here as we wrap up classes, responsibilities and relationships for the summer. Pray also for families as they travel into Kandern for graduation the first weekend of June.
- Staffing Needs: Due to several circumstances, we have many staff taking furlough years next year. Pray that teaching and residential positions are filled, and for the support-raising processes of staff already accepted.
- Transportation: Continue to pray for guidance as I pray about getting a vehicle this summer for next year.
As always, thank you for your involvement in this ministry. If you have questions, news, or a desire to support financially, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peace in Christ,