News and Dates:
- April 8-26: BFA Spring Break
- April 8: BFA “M” Trips, with teams of students and staff, depart to do evangelical work in Uganda, Burkina Faso, China, Moldova and Slovenia
- April 30: BFA Track competes at Frankfurt International School
- Curriculum for April: Modern Poetry, A Raisin in the Sun; Quebec Nationalism, 20th century Canadian political parties
I’m Thankful For:
- New Challenges in which I experience both the humility of knowing very little and the faithfulness of God, who gives me strength, creativity and flexibility. From long jump to Canadian History to music adjudicating, I’m learning to lean with confidence into the strength of Christ.
- A Fantastic Track Team that brings deep joy to this new adventure of coaching and traveling by bus with fifty athletes every other weekend. I’m loving spending this time with such encouraging and enthusiastic young people.
- Canadian Colleagues, who have graciously helped me to understand Canada’s current political controversies well enough to convey them to my class.
- Erika Poole, who is coming to visit me for Spring Break in less than a week!
- Brilliant Spring Weather here in Kandern, which is bringing the leaves and the green back to the hills, and freeing us from coats for a while.
- Support of Family and Friends. The support-raising process to come to BFA began for me a little over a year ago, and I cannot express how deeply encouraging have been all of your prayers and financial support. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Spring Break Travels. Whether doing missions or “just” going home, BFA students will once again scatter around the world starting next weekend. Pray for safety and that this break is one of rest and great connection with family for all the students.
- German Community Involvement. I recently had the opportunity to go with some BFA staff and students to play baseball at the local public high school. Pray for continued cross-cultural connection with our neighbors, that we would begin to truly reach out and embody the love of Christ in our town.
- Transportation. I have been considering and praying about the possibility of purchasing a vehicle here in Kandern. Though I live close to school, a car would help facilitate greater involvement with church and dorm activities, both of which take place in adjacent towns. Pray for guidance regarding this step, and financial provision as car ownership would require an increase in monthly support.
As always, thank you for your involvement in this ministry. If you have questions, news, or a desire to support financially, please contact me at email@example.com.
Peace in Christ,