News and Dates:
- January 6: Three Kings’ Day; I return to Kandern
- January 10: Staff Welcome Breakfast, students return to dorms
- January 11: First Day of Semester 2
- Curriculum for January: Walt Whitman, Mark Twain’s Pudd’nhead Wilson, Canada’s Dominion government
I’m Thankful For:
- Friends, Family and Supporters who have made this visit to Seattle so meaningful and rich. Thank you all for the time you’ve devoted to catching up, for continuing to ask questions and invest in relationship. I leave Seattle inspired and refreshed!
- My Students, whose curiosity and energy make me eagerly look forward to the second half of the year with you.
- Bethany Community Church, for supporting my parents with a gift of airfare to see me, in recognition of my dad’s 15 years as senior pastor.
- Electronic Communication which makes the world seem smaller, and a probably eighteen months away from Seattle far less daunting.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Travels: Leaving Europe was tricky in December. Pray for safety and smooth connections for the staff and students returning to BFA from all corners of the world.
- Community Involvement: As I grow more comfortable in the BFA community, pray for me as I continue to seek ways to reach out into the larger community.
- Short Term Mission Opportunity: I am currently praying over a possible mission trip to Romania over Spring Break. Pray for clarity and guidance as I make this decision.
If you have questions, want information about supporting financially, or want to share news or prayer requests of your own, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear from you!
As always, thank you for your prayers and support!
Peace in Christ,