News and Dates:
- 23-27 November: My dad, Richard Dahlstrom, will visit on his way to Bodenseehof and Tauernhof Tocherbearer schools.
- 25 November: Thanksgiving Day! (And yes, we DO have school that day)
- I was honored to accompany the BFA Boys’ Cross Country team to the European DoDDS (Department of Defense Dependent Schools) Final in Heidelberg, where they won second place in their division! I had a great time running with the team this season, and look forward to continuing to develop relationships with those students in the classroom (and possibly during track season).
- I’m excited to announce that I’ll be back in Seattle for Christmas! Though initially I hadn’t planned on being home this December, my family and some other decisions made this possible and excellent.
- Curriculum for November: American Romantics and Transcendentalists, British Canada
I’m Thankful For:
- Friends and family, here and at home who made me feel celebrated on my first birthday away from Washington. Thanks for Facebook greetings, a huge envelope of cards from home, and apple cake and cider with my roommates. It was truly a special day!
- The many conversations with parents that I have been able to have in recent weeks. Several families took this last weekend as an opportunity to visit their children in Kandern, and it was wonderful to spend time getting better acquainted with some of these amazing people in our community.
- G5 Frei Evangelische Gemeinde (G5 Free Evangelical Church) where I have been attending church with some fellow BFA staff. It is a vibrant, inter-generational community, honoring Christ in a unique mix of music, art, preaching and sharing meals together. I am excited to grow more connected in the community as I get to know people there.
- The Bible study I have been attending with some other women in the BFA community. We are studying Esther, having dinner together and supporting one another in prayer and discipleship. I am blessed to be a part of this group, and excited to see what God teaches us as we learn in community.
Please Be in Prayer For:
- Curriculum Development. While many aspects of teaching are similar everywhere, I am still teaching two brand new classes this year. Pray for my “year-long Canadian research project” and the necessary tools to string together a chronological survey of American Literature. Both are delightfully tricky!
- Diverse Student Needs. Though students at BFA seem united in their desire for excellence in school, their language and educational backgrounds and abilities are widely varied. Pray that I am sensitive to student needs and have the wisdom and ability to meet them where they are.
If you have questions, want information about supporting financially, or want to share news or prayer requests of your own, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear from you!
As always, thank you for your prayers and support!
Peace in Christ,