News and Dates:
- September 8: Small groups begin
- September 10: High School Fall Party (Theme: Games! I’m going as a chess piece.)
- September 13: Parent Open House at BFA
- September 17: Faculty Retreat in Adelboden, Switzerland
- September 25: First home cross-country meet in Kandern
- As of September 8, my roommate Emily and I are co-leading a small group of five ninth grade girls at BFA. Since I’m missing both small group leading at Bethany and ninth graders at Ingraham, I am super excited about this. The girls are full of energy, and I predict great sleepover fun is ahead of us.
- I have been running with the cross-country team three days a week, which has been a fun way to get to know both the kids and the labyrinthine network of trails that surround Kandern.
I’m Thankful For:
- Anna and Emily, my excellent roommates, who have set our apartment up into a home and filled it with furniture purchased and found creatively around town. I love living with you both!
- The staff of BFA, who have been welcoming, friendly and helpful in these busy weeks of transition.
- The high school English Department, proving to be full of creative, collaborative and interesting colleagues.
- Jay and Nancy Adams, who brought a suitcase of teacher clothes from Seattle to me in Kandern. Thanks!
- Hills in and around Kandern, which are places of stunning and surprising beauty, reminding me that God is extravagantly artistic.
- The prayers of friends and family from home, which helped so deeply in the wild transition week and first days of school. I feel so blessed by you all.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Classes! With all of the beginning-of-school introductory lessons over, we are diving into our material, which for my classes means Puritan Literature and Canada’s First Nations. Pray for students as they encounter some rather difficult material, early in the year, and for energy and innovation for their teacher.
- Church Visiting. Since I am settled into a home, I am beginning to seek a regular church to attend in the area. I’m hoping to invest in the local community here, and looking to visit several German churches. Pray that I would be wise and attentive to God’s leading in the process of finding a church (which is an entirely new experience for me).
If you have questions or want to share news or pray requests of your own, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear from you!
As always, thank you for your prayers and support!
Peace in Christ,