News and Dates:
- August 7: End of Upward Bound
- August 21, 10:10: Depart from Schladming
- August 21, 18:32: Arrive in Kandern
- August 24: First day of school at Black Forest Academy
- As of yesterday, I am a proud co-lessee of an apartment in the middle of Kandern! While it is no longer a green-valleyed bike ride away from school, it is a five-minute walk. One of my new roommates, Anna, is already there, and has been emailing us pictures (see below).
I’m Thankful For:
- Hans and Shirley Shaffer, my BFA host family, who have been eagerly looking around Kandern for used furniture and appliances for me and my roommates. Thanks!
- Holly Dahlstrom, my excellent sister, who has been a student at Upward Bound this summer. Having her here has been a true blessing to me, and I’ve loved watching her challenge herself and grow in love and strength as she interacts with those around her.
- The Upward Bound students, specifically those belonging to the Fellowship of the Eierschallensollbruchstellenverursacher (which is a real German word; ask me if you want to know what it means). Bringing humor, love and questions to the table, these 35 students and eight brilliant team members have made life spectacular here at Tauernhof. I’ll miss you all dearly, and have loved spending the summer with you.
- Hans Peter, Johan, Tobi and Martin, who have challenged us with their lectures on what it means to live as a follower of Christ. I feel privileged to be able to listen in once in a while.
Please Be in Prayer For:
- End of Upward Bound: This has been an incredible five weeks with students and staff. Pray that we end the time with the students in a such a way that they retain the growth they have seen here. Pray for wisdom as we have the “going home” conversations with the students, many of whom have been at Bible school for most of the last year.
- Moving and Planning: As you may have noticed, the time between arriving and Kandern and starting school is quite brief. Pray that I use my time efficiently and have wisdom in balancing settling in with planning lessons.
- First Week of School: It’s hard to believe now, but the last week of this month will be our first week of classes at BFA. Pray for my students as we get to know one another, that our class will be a place of safety and growth.
If you have questions about any of this news or about ways to support financially, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Thank you for your prayers and support!
Peace in Christ,