News and Dates:
- July 4: Students arrive at Tauernhof for the first day of Upward Bound
- August 7: End of Upward Bound
- August 21: Arrival in Kandern
- August 24: School starts at Black Forest Academy
- From June 23-25, I had the privilege of attending TeachBeyond New Staff Orientation in Bloomington, MN. (See June 24 post.) It was a great time of fellowship and planning for the future, and I was able to meet many people coming to BFA for the first time this fall.
- For most of the summer here, I will be serving at Tauernhof as an Upward Bound instructor, which is a brilliant combination of outdoor guide and small group leader for 18-26 year old students.
I’m Thankful For:
- The Dahlstrom Family, who welcomed me back home for a busy month prior to departure. All four of you (plus Grandma) were strong towers of support in a busy time, and I am so fortunate to have you in my life. I miss you all already!
- ALL ministry partners, with whose support I am nearly at 100% of my monthly support goal. Most additional support at this point will either go to start-up costs (like purchasing furniture and a bike) or enable me to possibly afford transportation (perhaps a scooter). Thank you!
- The administrative staffs of TeachBeyond, Tauernhof and BFA, who have been so flexible in helping me to organize this busy and overlapping time of life.
- Easiest travels ever, from Seattle to Minneapolis to Munich to Schladming. With four different flights (two layovers at O’Hare and Heathrow!) and three trains to catch, lots could have gone wrong. By the grace of God, nothing did. (I didn’t even fall asleep on the train and end up in Graz which, I promise, was a real possibility.)
- Rosa and Miriam, domestic staff at Tauernhof who are teaching me German with humor, patience and grace.
- Martin, Heli, and Hans Peter, Upward Bound organizers, who gave us an incredible week of training for the summer to come.
Please Be In Prayer For:
- Upward Bound Program: This will be the main content of my days for the next month, so be in prayer that as instructors we will be wise and discerning for the needs of our students. Pray that this is a time of great meaning and growth for students and staff here, and for the safety of all involved, as we spend our summer among the Alps.
- Planning for BFA: Many of the details involving moving to BFA are coming together, but with only three days of transition from Tauernhof to school, pray that I am able to balance time in the present here with the necessary planning for the school year. (I started reading Tuck Everlasting yesterday, one of our seventh-grade books. Delightful so far.)
If you have questions about any of this news or about ways to support financially, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will have access to email when I am at Tauernhof this summer, and will be trying to update this blog regularly as well.
Thank you for your prayers and support!
Peace in Christ,